Pauline Gospels and Christ. This morning
in my Bible reading I was in 2 Corinthians 5-9. These verses in chapter 6
particularly jumped out at me:
"14 Do not be bound together
with unbelievers; for what partnership have righteousness and
lawlessness, or what fellowship has light with darkness? 15 Or what
harmony has Christ with Belial, or what has a believer in common with an unbeliever?
16 Or what agreement has the temple of God with idols? For we are the
temple of the living God; just as God said, "I WILL DWELL IN THEM AND
WALK AMONG THEM; AND I WILL BE THEIR GOD, AND THEY SHALL BE MY PEOPLE.
17 "Therefore, COME OUT FROM THEIR MIDST AND BE SEPARATE," says the
Lord. "AND DO NOT TOUCH WHAT IS UNCLEAN; And I will welcome you."
I know they are used most often in the fact of marriage bonds and such.
But what got me to pondering and wondering was the seemingly vast
contrast to the life of Christ. He was right there in the thick of those
deemed unclean, the unbelievers. He was not separate. He did not
consider those unclean unworthy of His presence.
So, I have
been always a skeptic(?) of the contrast of Paul's message(s) with that
of the life that Christ lived here on earth. Then we continue into the
following chapters where it seems that Paul is begging(?) for funds, for
what? Christ never solicited campaign funds, did He?
Any one have any insights to guide me to some sort of understanding of these contrasts between Christ and Paul?
05 December 2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment