My
sister-in-law died yesterday after ten months with lung cancer. I just
wanted to share with y'all a blip from an email from her showing how
great of a lady she was:
Another time you invited me to a gay parade in Minneapolis. I said no. I wish I hadn't. If you haven't figured out by now, I'm a recluse. I've been a recluse for nearly 20 years now, so there was a time when I was not (I'm 56 years old now). Why I became this way is likely due to the drugs I'm on; at least that's what I'm blaming it on. However, cancer changed everything. And I mean everything. It jolted me out of that (when I wasn't sick) and I so regret not going to that parade. I support the gay community...I always have. I strongely believe in paying unto Caesar what is Caesar's and unto God what is God's,,,and the government ain't God. I strongely believe you can't help who you love. That's something beyond our conscious control and therefore much more a spiritual blessing than some sort of horrible sin. I believe in loving and being loyal and devoting yourself to someone you love, regardless of who they are, as long as everyone is an adult.You see, she and my brother were two who stood up against our siblings who have an issue with me being a gay Christian. Roxy is truly a woman to remember and cherish!

No comments:
Post a Comment