02 August 2014

Gratitude -- Seven Day Challenge


From Sunday, 27 July 2014 to Saturday, 02 August 2014...

Day 1 of 7: Challenge yourself to be grateful for three things, for seven days, and invite three friends to join you.

I choose Connie Bulow, Mike Eberle, and Mark Jacobson. Kudos to Rissa Williams for the invite.
1. I'm grateful for parents that said that they would love me, and they did.
2. I'm grateful for the innate creative talents that YHWH has give me.
3. I'm grateful for food in the kitchen, and the knowledge to know how to prepare robust meals.

====================================

Day 2 of 7: Challenge yourself to be grateful for three things, for seven days, and invite three friends to join you. I pass the torch to Karen Vite, Karen Bernsdorf, and Karen Lunn. Gratitudes to Rissa Williams for the invite.
1. I'm grateful for many friends who refuel my heart with their gift of invite and inclusion.
2. I'm grateful for talented friends who mesmerize me with their craft and skills.
3. I'm grateful for friends who take up the call to lead in public office and truly represent the people.

====================================

Day 3 of 7: Challenge yourself to be grateful for three things, for seven days, and invite three friends to join you. Today I invite Joy Grindeland, Brian Backes, and Linda Vesperman in this charge. With thanks to Rissa Williams for the invite.
1. I'm grateful for good friends with whom together we share the moment.
2. I'm grateful for a town that has a plethora of quality restaurants with homegrown talented chefs and staff.
3. I'm grateful for this city providing so many opportunities for entertainment and thrills.

====================================

Day 4 of 7: Challenge yourself to be grateful for three things, for seven days, and invite three friends to join you. Today I ask Greta Landowski, Michele Oster Renner, and Janelle Masters to join me in seven days of gratitude. All because of Rissa Williams for the invite.
1. I'm grateful for tactful public displays of affection showing love and compassion among human beings.
2. I'm grateful for interactive dialogue between friends to really discover the other.
3. I'm grateful for the freedoms we have to express our own unique human identity.

====================================

Day 5 of 7: Challenge yourself to be grateful for three things, for seven days, and invite three friends to join you. This morning I ask Caleb Bulow, Joan Graven Backes, and Jamie Selzler to join me for seven days of gratitude. Simply because Rissa Williams challenged me with the invite.
1. I'm grateful for my time at Minot State College where my thrill with theatre was instilled.
2. I'm grateful for my education at Columbia International University which gave me a great passion for the depths of Scripture.
3. I'm grateful for the the year of study in Palestine at Jerusalem University College where I discovered the culture and context of ancient Scripture.

====================================

Day 6 of 7: Challenge yourself to be grateful for three things, for seven days, and invite three friends to join you. This morning I ask Valerie Sisneros, Dave Hagler, and Sherri Paxon to join me for seven days of gratitude. All because Rissa Williams gave me the invite.
1. I'm grateful for this weekend for LGBTQ friends and family and straight allies to gather together to celebrate community, dignity, pride.
2. I'm grateful for the joys and troubles and life of thriving as a gay man in a rather conservative state.
3. I'm grateful for the valid and viable presence of straight allies and friends and family who understand, who appreciate, who welcome.

====================================

No comments: